Angelica summing up what having responsibilities really means.
God bless the cosplayers who buy full replica costumes. They support costume/prop makers from around the world.
God bless the cosplayers who throw together their costumes from charity shops and old clothes. Your resourcefulness and productivity is to be admired.
God bless the cosplayers who make their costumes from scratch. Your creativity and skill is incredible and inspiring.
God bless cosplayers, for letting us all for just one day be more than who we are.
This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
"sad little bug" is the cutest and most accurate term ive heard used to describe a child because sometimes bugs are kinda super cute sometimes bugs are really fucking annoying and sometimes bugs are downright TERRIFYING
But what if the princess was in the tower because she was the dragon?
Like the queen gives birth and oops it’s this adorable little scaley lizard with tiny wings that she can never quite seem to fold right
None of the King’s advisors or doctors…
MAKE IT SO.
trying to turn my lil bro into a furry. any tips?
"I can help"
this means something. right?
[LOUD ANGRY YELLING]
this fucking fandom has the most painful jokes ever
[PUNCHES A WINDOW]
As many of you are well aware, WeLoveFine is a shirt company that boosts “T-Shirts designed by fans for fans” motto. Their slogan and idea is simple enough, hire fans/artists to work with their acquired licenses and selling those shirts to said fans/artists.
They hold design contests that allow them to gain a better idea of what will sell and in turn lead artists on with the promise that they may potentially be hire by WLF under their MightyFineArtist program - a program that would allow artists to submit their work whenever and to gain commission from their art rather than one fixed flat rate.
The MFA is invite only but WLF insists that if an artist holds enough contest wins under their belt that they may be admitted into the program. They claim that they treat their artists fairly however, this ultimately isn’t how it goes down over at WLF.
More under the cut:
This is heavy stuff, and I’m completely inclined to believe it. Mention “freelance artist” anywhere in the entertainment industry and I’ll bet you a lot of folks will mysteriously drop the second syllable and insist you’re speaking crazy.
There’s no way WLF will respond to this, and it’s more than possible that they have other, more compelling reasons to withhold membership to their commission-based reimbursement program from contest winners time and time again, but they can’t deny the situation looks extremely sketchy from the outside. There are compelling reasons, if morally questionable, for a merch business to tacitly squeeze as much value out of their contributors while hoping said contributors will stick around and not get fed up due to lack of other avenues of paying the rent.
For now, I’m not giving WLF any more of my business. This is pretty bad, especially since it looks like the $250 you win from their contests comes with you signing all rights to your creation over to them. I have friends who would turn down even ten times that amount, because retaining your rights is SO much more valuable in the long run.
I do hope word of this does spread, just so that people out there can make more informed decisions on what they’re supporting when they buy that Rainbow Dash backpack in the future.
25 90’s-2000’s Pop/punk rock mashup
HOLY SHIT THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING
1) “In Too Deep” - Sum 41
2) “Misery Business” - Paramore
3) “Helena” - My Chemical Romance
4) “American Idiot” - Green Day
5) “Feeling This” - Blink 182
6) “Basketcase” - Green Day
7) “Stay Together for the Kids” - Blink 182
8) “Gives You Hell” - All-American Rejects
9) “The Rock Show” - Blink 182
10) “The Middle” - Jimmy Eat World
11) “I Caught Fire” - the Used
12) “Sugar, We’re Going Down” - Fall Out Boy
13) “That’s What You Get” - Paramore
14) “Five Mintues to Midnight” - Boys Like Girls
15) “Move Along” - All-American Rejects
16) “Stacy’s Mom” - Fountains of Wayne
17) “Dear Maria, Count Me In” - All Time Low
18) “Crushcrushcrush” - Paramore
19) “Here (In Your Arms)” - Hellogoodbye
20) “Who I Am Hates Who I’ve Been” - Relient K
21) “Soul Meets Body” - Death Cab For Cutie
22) “The Future Freaks Me Out” - Motion City Soundtrack
23) “My Friends Over You” - New Found Glory
24) “Fat Lip” - Sum 41
25) “Teenagers” - My Chemical Romance
“Perfect” - Simple Plan
Jason Momoa and Manu Bennett at Florida Super Con
Those two are both Maori, right? And they are goofily pulling semi-haka-referential moves in these photos, right?
Jason Momoa is Hawaiian, raised in Iowa. Manu Bennet is Australian/Maori (Ngāti Kahungunu and Te Arawa, which is tangentially related to my Iwi).
Manu in particular is referring some classic intimidation poses, especially the tongue (A lot of Maori tribes have a cool genetic trait where the connective skin underneath their tongue is much smaller, or not there at all, to further the intimidation. Mine goes out super far!), and Jason could be doing the same, or referring to native Hawaiian intimidation poses, which I am not familiar with.
A lot of the pacific island cultures are connected and have their own Hakas, Samoan, Fijian, Vanuatan, Tongan and more, all with different names. The one Manu is most likely referencing is Ka Mate, Te Rauparaha’s Haka (also my Iwi/tribe!), the most well known one, which looks like this.
This has been your daily dose of OH MY GOD SOMEONE IS TALKING ABOUT MY TINY COUNTRY LET ME IMMEDIATELY TELL YOU EVERYTHING I KNOW.